FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FIGHTNIGHT LIVE PARTNERS WITH CES FOR SATURDAY SHOWDOWN AT FOXWOODS
Fan-friendly Facebook platform closes out June in New England with former World Champion “Bad” Chad Dawson at the historic Fox Theater.
NEW YORK (June 26, 2019) – Now approaching seven million views and looking toward the 38th show of the series, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast makes its way to Foxwoods Resort and Casino in Conn. on Saturday to once again showcase some of New England’s finest with Jimmy Burchfield Sr.’s Classic Entertainment and Sports (CES). Fans from across the globe can catch all the action for FREE – including a main event that features former WBC, IBF and IBO World Light Heavyweight Champion “Bad” Chad Dawson – beginning at 8 p.m. ET on any device wherever Facebook is available.
“We love partnering with CES. We know each other, we love working on shows with the Burchfield Family and have relationships with the promoters and fighters that extend long past the bell,” said Mark Fratto, Principal and Director of Business Development, Linacre Media. “This is a great card and we’re especially looking forward to the main event. These are great people and great athletes and we’re excited as always to give them a platform to showcase their talent and tell their stories.”
“We’ve promoted many memorable fights at Foxwoods so it is only fitting that we deliver yet another unforgettable card featuring Connecticut’s own ‘Bad’ Chad Dawson and Tramaine Williams. We are proud to have Foxwoods as our casino partner from day it opened. We have hosted close to 50 fights at ‘The Fight Capital of the Northeast’ and this may be the best card from top-to-bottom, yet,” said Burchfield, Sr.
Dawson (34-5, 19 KOs) – an accomplished warrior who has clashed with the likes of Bernard Hopkins, Antonio Tarver, Glen Johnson and Andre Ward, among others – faces North Carolina vet Quinton Rankin (15-5-2, 12 KOs) in the eight-round main event. The card also includes a 10-round featherweight co-feature bout between fellow New Haven boxer Williams (17-0, 6 KOs) and Filipino Neil John Tabanao (17-5, 11 KOs). Super welterweight Jose Rivera (7-4, 5 KOs) battles Luca Podda (7-3, 3 KOs) of Miami in a six-round bout and Oscar Bonilla (5-3-2, 1 KO) of Bridgeport, Conn., faces Julio Perez (4-3) of Worcester, Mass., in a six-round lightweight bout.
Now in its second season, FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast is the fan-friendly Facebook platform that – among other aspects – prides itself on the real-time conversations held between fight commentators and the viewing audience. FIGHTNIGHT LIVE has showcased more than 605 fighters and 19 promotions during 37 live event broadcasts from 21 different cities since May 2017, and in doing so, the interactive platform has generated the loyal interest of fight fans from across the United States and around the globe, including significant audiences in Mexico, the United Kingdom and other parts of Europe, and even fans in South America, Asia and Australia.
• Since May 2017, the numbers on the 37-show FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series have shown promise and potential for the new platform with an average of 179,838 views per event and more than 6.6 million total views for the franchise. Since Sept. 2018, twenty FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Season II shows have reached 5.2 million fans and have averaged more than 261,000 views.
• The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” (594,447) from the Sands in Bethlehem, the Dec. 2018 “Queens and Kings of Queens Card” (379,758) in New York, the Nov. 2018 “Hard Hitting Showtime Collaboration” (372,662), the Dec. 2018 “Roy Jones Jr. Texas Throwdown” (318,886), the Oct. 2018 “Hard Hitting Philly Special” (297,545), the May 2019 “Murphys Open MGM Springfield” (296,078), the Oct. 2018 hour-long Bareknuckle “Freeview” (292,253), the Nov. 2018 “Titans In The Capital” (256,871) and the March 2019 Murphys Boxing “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” (252,065) all logged 250,000 or more views, and collectively the 37-show series has seen a total of more than 6,653,998 views across all devices.
• In addition to the raw viewership numbers, the fully-interactive, fan-friendly productions have seen more than 460,000 collective live post engagements (more than 12,000 per show), including more than 355,000 “likes” or “loves,” almost 63,000 comments and more than 20,000 shares.
• The Sept. 2018 “Kings Boxing Tuesday Night Fights” from the Sands in Bethlehem set a new bar with 594,447 views. The Sept. 2017 DiBella card saw more than 40,000 viewer interactions including almost 39,000 “likes” or “loves” and the March 17, 2018, Murphy’s “St. Patrick’s Day Clash” set a new high-water mark for shares with 2,182.
• The FIGHTNIGHT LIVE page on Facebook has almost 89,000 fans and more than 98,000 followers.
Created and produced by Linacre Media out of New York City, the FIGHTNIGHT LIVE series features professional announcers, multiple camera angles, television graphics, replays and behind-the-scenes access and interviews. The streamed shows are available globally wherever Facebook is available. The initiative not only enables fans from around the world to tune in, but also gives up-and-coming fighters a global platform to showcase their abilities, gives promoters an accessible “broadcast” solution and gives sponsors the ability to reach a mass audience via branded content.
Additional FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Summer 2019 dates will be officially announced in the coming weeks.
FIGHTNIGHT LIVE is available online at: https://www.facebook.com/FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE/
Follow all the action via social media at FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Facebook, @FaceFIGHTNIGHTLIVE on Instagram and @FIGHTNIGHTLIVE_ on Twitter, or by using the hashtag #FIGHTNIGHTLIVE. For the latest Linacre Media events and broadcast schedule, follow @LinacreMedia across all social platforms or use the tags #LinacreMediaEventsor #LinacreMediaOnTV.
About Everlast Worldwide Inc.
The preeminent brand in boxing since 1910, Everlast is the world’s leading manufacturer, marketer and licensor of boxing, MMA and fitness equipment. From legendary champions Jack Dempsey and Sugar Ray Robinson to current superstars Deontay Wilder and Dustin Poirier, Everlast is the brand of choice for generations of world champion professional athletes. Built on a brand heritage of strength, dedication, individuality and authenticity, Everlast is a necessary part of the lives of countless champions. Based in Manhattan, Everlast’s products are sold across more than 75 countries and 6 continents. For more information, visit http://www.everlast.com.